Doctor Doctor Gimme the News.

Well, I called three days ago to let them know that I have a cold and that I should probably come in. The nurse told me to see my primary caregiver. Who is? Them. Idiot. So, I just don't do anything. I suffer through the pain and take my pain killers. I call yesterday to tell them about my weirdo tongue thing [thrush], my cold, etc. that are driving me insane. So, they tell me they can squeeze me in today.

I go in there, and I have to get poked THREE TIMES and endure intense pain because the stupid phlebotomist can't get a needle in my vein because there's so much scar tissue and my veins are really rolly and sensitive anyway. I sit there and endure her sticking the needle in my arm, moving it around, pressing her finger down on where the needle is, etc. TWICE. ONCE IN EACH ARM. Then, she has to do it in my hand.. So she puts a turnicate around my wrist, and I feel like it's going to explode.. I just want to scream 'FUCK FUCK FUCK OWWIE FUCK' and I'm bawling and crying and I have four people in there around me telling me to breathe like I'm a nine year old. I've done this six thousand times in the 4 years, it's not like I'm scared of the needle.. IT HURTS WHEN YOU PUSH AND TOUCH IT AND MOVE IT AROUND A LOT.

So I finally get to see the doctor and I tell him that I took a few extra pain pills because I was sick and coughing and couldn't sleep because I was in pain, but he completely takes it the wrong way and tells me it's not a cough syrup and yells at me. then he yells at me because i should've been in three days ago and i should know not to talk to the nurses because they don't know wtf they're talking about. he was in a really shitty mood.. the nurses piss him off all the time.. i'm only to call his cell phone now because they treat me like complete shit.

0 comments: